My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gold to Green duochrome comparison: OPI, Jessica, Ozotic, Catrice, and Hits Mari Moon


Hello Ladies,
As promised, here is a quick comparison of gold to green duochrome polishes that I have in my stash. Pics first and talk later! All swatches are 3 coats of each polish without top coat.

Artificial light








The Big Reveal:
Jessica Iridescent Eye (pinkie), Hits Mari Moon Trendy (ring finger), Ozotic 507 (middle finger), Catrice Genius in the Bottle (index finger), OPI Just Spotted The Lizard (thumb)



Formula: They all have great formulas, but I find that Hits Trendy is thicker to apply. Ozotic 507 has the best formula (kind of sheerish compared to the others but I still love it)

Application: They all applied fine and were opaque in two coats, except Ozotic 507 which needed 3 coats because the base is sheer. I don't have any brushstrokes complaint. OPI Just Spotted The Lizard has the most brushstrokes but it is manageable so it is not bothering.

Finish: Hits Trendy has the most shiny finish and OPI Just Spotted The Lizard has the less shiny one. I was kind of disappointed in JSTL because of that but there is nothing that my Seche vite cannot fix!


Dupes: Hits Trendy and Ozotic 507 are similar, so are Just Spotted The Lizard and Iridescent Eye. Genius In The Bottle has warmer tones. I don't think they are dupe of each other, they have similar color shifts but they are pretty unique by themselves.

Which one is your favorite? I love them all lol :)
Thank you for reading!

13 comments:

  1. Idk which, but I NEED one of these! I think I like the Ozotic and the Catrice, but the OPI is the only one I'll really find! Great swatches Karine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Opi will be a great alternative to the catrice, it has a great color shift too

      Delete
  2. I plan on getting the Gap one. I've probably said this a few times. I can't seem to get enough of this color, though. Love the Catrice name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen swatches of the Gap one but couldn't find it in stores :(

      Delete
  3. Love this. I was undecided on whether to purchase JSTL, now I know that I don't really need it. Great post as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah yep love them all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Jessica version of this. Though I'm lemming all the HITS duo polishes. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Catrice & OPI the best, which I'm pleased about because I have the Catrice one but haven't tried it yet, might just try it out now!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...