My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hits No Olimpo Party!


Afternoon lovelies!
I haven't forgotten about the holo parties lol I have been busy with packing things for my upcoming move but I found a little time for my pretties. Hits Speciallita is the brand that got me into holos. I remember my first purchase was Zeus and I was so curious at the holographic effect as it was new to me lol  I love the collection, the choice of names are spot on and there's a nice variety of colors. The No Olimpo collection is named after Greek Gods and is comprised of 13 polishes. Thanks to my brother and his God of War game, I know a little about Greek mythology lol but I discovered some fun facts while searching for more info. The application was not the best, I had a few bad brushes too but I managed to work it in two coats. On to the pics!
All swatches are without top coat


Zeus is a black linear holo. In Greek mythology, Zeus is considered as the father of all gods, but also the god of weather, controlling thunder, lighting, and rain.


Dionisio is a purple linear holo. Its name comes from Dionysus, son of Zeus and god of wine, agriculture, and fertility of nature.

.
Apolo is a marine blue holo, and was named after Apollo, son of Zeus and god of light and sun, of healing and plague. I also discovered that he had a twin sister in Artemis :)


Hera is a deep turquoise holo named after the goddess of woman and marriage, and wife of Zeus.


Poseidon is a light blue holo that perfectly matches with the ocean and home of the god of the sea.


Artemis is a metallic silver holo named after the goddess of hunt, wilderness, and virginity. She was the daughter of Zeus and twin sister of Apollo.


Hermes is a gold holo thankfully not named after the luxury brand but originally coming from Greek mythology. Hermes, son of Zeus and also Dionysus' brother, was the messenger of the gods to the humans.


Ares is a tomato red holo named after the fearless Greek god of war, and son of Zeus and Hera. Remember him in Clash of The Titans?


Atena is a bright fuchsia holo to the image of Athena, daughter of Zeus and goddess of wisdom, courage, law, and justice.


Demeter is a sparkly orange holo and named after the Greek goddess of harvest and earth fertility. She had a daughter with Poseidon.


Afrodite is a delicate pink holo, to the image of Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty.


Hestia is a beautiful lilac holo named after the goddess of hearth, architecture, and order.


Hefesto is a sheer silvery holographic top coat. It was named after Hephaestus, son of Zeus and Hera, and the god of technology, craftsmen, and fire. I used it over Wet N Wild Black Creme (black), Barry M Vivid Purple (purple), China Glaze Drastic (red), and Nails Inc Baker Street (blue).



I have a lollipop mani done with Hestia, Demeter, and Afrodite. So yummy!




Thank you for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Why were you appalled? I'm appalled Apollo, who pulls the chariot that drags the sun across the sky is not a burning hot red or orange or something. I wish I had Zeus =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lool I'm so sorry, it was a big typo on my part! I meant excited not apalled

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...